It has already been decades since people have started utilizing pneumatic systems in order to perfect mechanical work. Additionally, it is also being studied as an effective tool to develop automated solutions. Like hydraulic, pneumatic systems also involve purge valve and finding the best purge valve cost is vital to get the best out of it.
In a nutshell, the pneumatic system makes use of compressed air to gain control and transmission of energy. A lot of industries are using pneumatic systems in their operations. Let us look into some of the advantages of pneumatic systems that make it a preferred one by most industries.
Pneumatic System Benefits
Pneumatic systems are primarily utilized to get automation working within the operation of different machines.
- High Efficiency: Due to the fact that there is an infinite amount of air available in order to make compressed air for a pneumatic system this fact makes it a practical solution. Additionally, compressed air is easy to transport through the use of pipes.
- Minimal Design: Pneumatic systems are designed with simplicity in mind. This is the reason why they are also preferred in simple automatic systems.
- Durable and Reliable: It is proven that components of pneumatic systems are reliable when it comes to durability.
- Safety: Compared to other electromotive systems, pneumatic systems are also proven safer. The primary reason is that they can still function even in inflammable environments. Aside from that, when a pneumatic system experiences an overload, it will only cease to function and not explode or burn.
Pneumatic System Disadvantages
While there are a lot of benefits in using a pneumatic system, there can also be disadvantages and limitations.
- Low Accuracy: Pneumatic systems rely on compressed air. The amount of power it can give is dependent on the volume of available compressed air. As the operation happens, there might be some movement with the amount of compressed air and it could affect the accuracy of the whole system too.
- Noise: When compressed air is released from the components, the noise could be uncomfortable.
- Complicated Pre-Use Processing: Before using, it must be ensured that the compressed air is processed so that there is no presence of dust or water vapor to avoid damage to components. This could take a long time and affect the length of operation.
Pneumatic System Components
There is a clear hierarchy when it comes to the parts of a pneumatic system. For the system to work, the pneumatic cylinders, air motors, and rotary actuators should also work. And for these three components to work, they must be comprised of smaller functioning components.
In its most basic form, a pneumatic system is comprised of two main sections:
- Compressed air consuming system
- Compressed air production, transportation, and distribution systems
Smaller components include air compressors, pressure switches, storage tanks, electric motors and motor central control, pressure gauge, air dryer, auto drain, filters, pipelines, air lubricators, and various types of valves. It is important that these components are checked before purchasing. Inquire about the purge valve cost and other parts to make sure you are getting your money’s worth.