An Easy Guide To Tubing And FittingsAugust 20, 2016
Why Push-fit Fittings are Preferred and How to Fit Them?March 19, 2020
They can be stressful, troubling and costly. Not only do they make a pool out of your basement, broken pipelines can damage ceilings too.
More to the point; you need to fix them fast. In case you can afford the services of a plumber, allow us to help you mend broken pipes with push fittings.
Here’s a quick guide on how you can install a push in fitting to repair broken/leaking pipes:
Push fittings are extremely easy to use. As the name implies, you only need to ‘push’ the fitting over the connecting pipe. When doing so, you’ll hear a ‘click’ sound. Also, you can get hold of the pipe twice to make sure it’s connected throughout. Make sure that the pipe’s end is round and even. This ensures an appropriate fit.
Cutting Water Lines Properly
Now, this can be a little tricky. If done in the right manner, it’s a simple process. However if not, it can twist the entire repairing procedure.
If you’re working with plastic pipes, you need a plastic tube cutter. Similar to scissors, put the cutters around the pipe and exert some pressure, simultaneously forcing it front and back over the pipe. Once done, squeeze a little and voila!
However, if using copper pipes, the process is simpler. But don’t rush. That’s because rushing can lead to an oval cut in the pipe, making the fittings useless. Get hold of a copper tube cutter and work it around the pipe slowly, at least 3-4 times.
Repairing Water Leaks Using Push Fittings
- First off, find the source of leakage,
- Turn off the water supply to that pipe (even if you have to shut off whole house water supply),
- Make way to a hardware store and get tube cutters, tape measure and sand cloth,
- Using a tube cutter, do away with the broken section of the pipe,
- Now, use a sand cloth to smoothen the ends of the pipe, making sure they’re smooth for the push fittings,
- Add push fittings to the ends of the pipe,
- Now, insert the ‘repair’ area of the pipe in the middle of push fittings,
- Turn on the water supply and see if the leakage persists,
- Now that the leakage has been repaired, clean the mess.
If you’re on the lookout for push fittings, this is the right place for you. Recognized as one of the leading pneumatic fittings suppliers in India, we manufacture stainless steel push-on fittings, push-in fittings, monoflange valves and lots more. Place your orders now or call us at 0091-22-26788534 right away.