In accordance with their usage, these valves come with several different configurations. Most prominently, pneumatic check valves, high pressure needle valves, ball valves, toggle valves and purge valves are used.
In certain conditions, two or more different requirements have to be fulfilled. This necessitates use of two or more valves at a single location in the system. However, this can be inefficient since it takes double the space.
The problem was thus solved by configuring a valve manifold.
What is a valve manifold?
Manifolds are equipment which connects two or more valves of a hydraulic system.
A variety of block/isolate valves can be combined in a single body configuration. Each of these valves has a separate opening below in order to connect a pipe. The main body or valve chamber is common to all.
These manifolds commonly include ball, bleed, needle, and vent valves. Their use results in savings in terms of space and installation costs.
Advantages of a manifold valve
Manifold valves are used in a number of different applications, ranging from mobile machineries to heavy industrial equipment.
When included in a fluid control and/or regulation system, valve manifolds have shown to improve efficiency as well as reduce energy costs. Other advantages include:
- Shorter path flows which reduces pressure drop and heat fluctuations, improving overall energy efficiency of the system
- Reduction in installation costs as well as fluid connections because of a simpler, more compact design
- Minimum chances of oil leak due to less number of connections, further reducing the need for upkeep against fatigue, wear and lose joints
- Improved layout due to less hoses and connections
- Small, compact cartridge sizes which suits confined spaces
Types of manifold available at SealExcel
At SealExcel, we offer high quality manifolds that are manufactured with 316 stainless steel. These valves are available in three different configurations:
- Two way manifold valves(Series- MFV2) are mainly used for general plant service, standard pressure and differential pressure instrumentation devices, pressure equalization, venting, and block and bleed applications.
- Three way manifold valves(Series- MFV3) are prominently involved in pressure and differential pressure instrumentations.
- Five way manifold valves(Series- MFV5) are also used for pressure and differential pressure instrumentations.
All these manifolds employ convenient methods of bleeding, blocking and calibrating instruments. These are factory tested and available for pipe to pipe, flange to flange, pipe to flange, remote, base and remote mounting base vent, and direct and integral mounting.
Do you require a manifold for your hydraulic system? Call us right away at 0091-22-26788534 or send an email to our sales team.